Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Didn't Vote for Obama Either...



I was reading a blog written by HerSoul today. Excellent blog... It really got me to thinking.

The Lord has done quite a work in me since the election. I was compelled to comment on HerSoul's blog, then the Holy Spirit convicted me to share the comment in a blog of my own. So, as obedient as I can be, I am posting the comment here:


Hi, Tonja,

I am a new reader to your blogs and am so glad I found you. I did not vote for Obama either. I woke up Nov 5th feeling a deep grief. Not because my candidate did not win, but for the unborn children. I was so grieved that I went to God's Word and stayed there for about 3 hours.

Here's what the Lord gave me: First I went to Romans 13 to remind myself of my Christian responsibility towards our government/leaders. Much time in Revelations reminded me that though the Lord's coming is eminent, it is not immediate. And then I Thessalonians 4:9-12 reminded me that while we wait for the coming of our Lord, we must love each other, lead a quiet life, mind our own business and work. We are to be a living witness to the lost.

Refreshed and renewed by God's Word, I began to pray for Obama. I will not stop praying for him. Since I have been praying, I am seeing him in a different light. With all the campaign boloney over, I see a different man and you know what? I think I like him. I know I am 'in love' with his beautiful daughters! (May God bless and protect them!!!)

So, I pray every day for God to soften Obama's heart regarding the unborn children and to give him wisdom to do his job as president of our nation. I pray for protection for him and his family.

So, while I felt like our Christian nation had ended on 11/5, by the afternoon of 11/5, I had peace in my spirit once again and the assurance from the Lord that all is as HE WILLS. I CHOOSE to believe that Obama will be a good president. I CHOOSE to believe that his office is by divine appointment. I CHOOSE to believe that Obama wants the best for our nation. I CHOOSE to believe that racial healing will soon be complete. I CHOOSE to believe that GOD WILL convict Obama's heart to the point that he supports protection of the unborn innocents.

I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE!!! AND I PRAYERFULLY SUPPORT!

Glad to meet you, Sister! May God bless you wonderfully!!!

Darlene



In addition to the scripture used in the comment, I would also encourage you to read, meditate and pray upon the following scriptures:

Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men--as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king. Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh. For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully. (I Peter 2:13-19)

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

I am also reminded of a portion of scripture in the Book of Matthew, Chapter 22. In this chapter, the Pharisees continued to try to entangle Jesus in His talk, so they questioned Jesus about if it was lawful to pay taxes...which was their sneaky way of asking if man made laws should be followed. Jesus said:

"Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." (Matthew 22:21)

For those of you who may be struggling in your own spirit about the results of the election, I pray you will find the same PEACE in your spirit that I have found in mine.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!



<

No comments:

Post a Comment