Wednesday, October 24, 2012

FOCUS ON THIS… WEEK #24 ~ COFFEE

 

9-23-12 002

One of the very best things about retirement is mornings.  I love my mornings.  When I worked, it was rush to get ready for work, then rush to get to work on time.  I dreamed about lingering over my coffee – other than only on the weekends.

9-23-12 008

Being retired feels like the best part of my life!  I have never felt so free.  I love my retirement mug!  It makes me happy! 

Recently, my sister and I took a trip home.  I couldn’t help but think about how trips were so rushed when I had a job to return to.  Back in those days, when I drove to NY, it was often straight through.  And I needed lots of coffee to keep me awake. 

I saw a truck on my trip that tickled my fancy.  My sister said that there needs to be a law just for me and that law would be to prohibit taking photos while driving.  And yet, I sneaked in this one last week…

trip 10-12 024

How could I resist?

9 comments:

  1. That is kind of funny!! I bet you followed that coffee truck for a while hoping for some. :D Cool pictures, Darlene!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have used some strong coffee a time or two on the trip...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I wish I could retire and enjoy relaxed mornings with coffee!

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think I would ever make it to retirement, but I plodded along year after year and after 42 years, that wonderful day came! Your day will come and you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious Darlene-You got the best picture of a coffee truck but your a naughty girl for driving while taking it. LOL- It sounds like retirement has been a great thing for you. So happy to hear how you love lingering in the morning with your cup of coffee. You earned it Darlene and I am sooo happy for you. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. The photo of the coffee truck wasn't so bad, since I was right behind him, but it was a big no-no the day I was driving through Atlanta during heavy traffic. I got lots of pics that day and yelled at by my sister. LOL... It's not really so bad. I just hold my camera up, point in the general direction and accept whatever shot I get. Some of them get really interesting...

      Delete
  6. Lucky you. I would love to retire, but I have a few more years and then worry if I'll be able to handle not getting a pay check when the time comes.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I was afraid to retire too. So much so that I worked 6 years after I was vested for full retirement. But, when I did retire, I found out that it takes far less money to be at home. A lot of expense goes with working. I'm a real homebody, so I hardly spend much at all. I went from spending about $300 a month for gas and tolls to about $20 per month for gas. My wardrobe is now shorts, t-shirts & flip-flops. No more dresses, heels, etc. Lunch at home is way cheaper than a working lunch. Now that I know all this, I wished I had retired sooner.

      Delete
  7. Hola! I've been following your site for a while now and
    finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock
    Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!

    ReplyDelete